[governance] Inquiry for a new vision into the future of IGC

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jun 27 06:28:12 EDT 2014

At 10:55 27/06/2014, Baudouin SCHOMBE wrote:
>Hello,
>
>To go in the direction of JFC and situate myself in the logic of his
>argument, would it not be desirable to structure the IGC by geographic
>area: IGC europe, africa IGC, IGC Asia, Australia IGC, IGC Latin
>America ... ..

Baudoin,

there are two arguments (for and against) to consider and if possible
to amalgamate into a positive move.

1. WSIS advised local fora in your way.

2. my experience is that the network basic cell is the local VGN
(virtual global network), i.e. a more intricated term: "virtual
glocal network". In OSI terms: "closed user group", i.e. the digital
support of a human or functional entity's relational space in sharing
common resources.

I took the example of my village intended cooperative digital
services provider. On its shopping list I have local, regional,
French, European and global (worldwide and conceptually whole
oriented issues). I am quite interested in both: how the context but
also how the people react to both. With many similarities everywhere.

Also, we discuss the internet, i.e. the current status of Vint Cerf
's July 1978 IEN 48 project of which the current RFC set is a robust
consistent response (only partly applied).

This project is based upon a "loose" meaning of the "local" term.
This is the first key word I indentify there. A second one is "motivation".

1. The first motivation (to prove the Louis Pouzin "catenet" concept
of concatenating local networks as being possibly global) is now
addressed. The first internet phase is completed.
2. The second motivation is not, it is even opposed by the
"statUS-quo" strategy (I have to write it that way because it is an
US industry political culture we first suffered from in 1983 when
they closed the world's multitechnology transparent/neutral system to
replace it by the sole internet protocol set). This second
motivation's phase is emerging now. All we dicuss is adapting to it.
There "local network" is to be understood as "peculiar to the
particular network rather than a network of limited geographic
extent." (Vint Cerf).

So, I would say: there are two planes and we should consider both.
Also creating thematic emulation. A suggestion: to tag subjects with
a simple hashtag and to keep everything as much as possible on a
single list for everyone to be informed ?

jfc