[governance] Vint Verf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Fri Jul 25 12:44:02 EDT 2014

Bien dit, Louis !

+1

Jean-Louis Fullsack

> Message du 24/07/14 11:58
> De : "Louis Pouzin (well)"

> A : "governance at lists.igcaucus.org" , "parminder"

> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [governance] Vint Verf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

Hi,

> Wasn't obvious from the very beginning? A déja vu masquerade.There is no point wasting time on this so called "transition" that in substance is plain status quo.
>
> What matters is working on the post masquerianade. Let the USG mickey-mousing with ICANN for their own use. The internet is working just the same without it. After all it's their sovereign right, ICANN is a californian company. Let's build a coalition with interested UN institutions and NGO's. There is plenty of experience and expertise for designing a framework based on democratic citizens empowerment, instead of GAFAs.
>
> Louis.
> - - -

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:38 AM, parminder
wrote:

Posting below a relevant exchange on the ISOC list. In the video linked to below, Vint mentiones how the US has now decided to hand over its IANA authority to ICANN!

On Thursday 24 July 2014 04:01 AM, Joly MacFie wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3dH90tdhk#t=101

"and hand over that responsibilty to ICANN"

Is that really a foregone conclusion?

     governance at lists.igcaucus.org