[governance] Vint Cerf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Jul 26 05:43:37 EDT 2014

At 11:57 24/07/2014, Louis Pouzin (well) wrote:
>What matters is working on the post masquerianade. Let the USG
>mickey-mousing with ICANN for theirown use. The internet is working
>just the same without it. After all it's their sovereign right,
>ICANN is a Californian company. Let's build a coalition with
>interested UN institutions and NGO's. There is plenty of experience
>and expertise for designing a framework based on democratic
>citizens' empowerment, instead of GAFAs.

Louis,

Such a coalition can either be UN-down or person-up. This means
either democratic (Gov of the people by the people) or polycratic
(multitude's ecosystem). The top of the "masquerIANAde" is the
pretense that the people of the world are to be US protected from
their own Govs, i.e. from themselves. This is possible because
democracy calls for voting first, which takes time, involves
politicials and needs institutions. Polycracy proceeds by emergence
from possibly converging individual/local actions: it does not
require delays, but a manifesto would help in order to prevent the
mathematical risk of chaotic self-organized criticalities (SOC)..

I, therefore, suggest for us to consider a Network Architecture
Convergence Manifesto allowing a Libre "cooperinnovation". It should
be based on a "masters and masters" self-determination based model,
acknowledging that a network calls for an intelligent hardware,
software, and brainware esthetic of which the infrastructure,
control, and use coherence will oblige a technical ethic of its
intergovernance and a self-organized return to equilibrium during
criticalities.

It could acknowledge some of the basic architectural principles we
discovered over the years, such as:

- plug to plug local networks owned by the people,
- end to end global physical network of networks,
- fringe to fringe glocal virtual networks of the network of networks.
- localization of its service, process, content, etc. capabilities at
self-chosen addresses and names (DNS, CCN, ONS, etc.)
- passive end to end transportation of its atomic datagrams organized
by software designed networking.
- active fringe to fringe presentation (OSI layer 6) of its
intelligram corteges.
- principles of robustness (RFC 1122), perpetual change (RFC 1958),
simplicity (RFC 3439) and subsidiarity (exemplified by RFC 5895).
- man/machine societal digitality being centered in the human person.
- ethitechnic necessity of technical design, duties, and rights being
in continuity with the human ethic making its violations less
rewarding than their cost.
- eventual purpose as semantic intercomprehension (meaning a host of
additional areas and principles).

Note: as you know my personal project is to develop an applied R&D
project for/from my village along those lines. The Montpellier
meeting earlier this month will lead to a concerted French Libre
applied project. Basically, our Tymnet (Bob and I) proposal of May
1978 blocked by the closing of Cyclades and the status-quo strategy
opposed to the IEN 48 second motivation. for 30 years now. Simplicity
takes time ...

jfc