[governance] Fwd: [cs-coord] Civil Society Speakers for IGF Closing Ceremony

Jean-Christophe Nothias jeanchristophe.nothias at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 04:31:33 EDT 2014

Thanks for sharing with us your views.

Two very disturbing things though in you comment:

 "...opinions are, rightly, excluded..."
That must reflect on your highly democratic conception of an open debate. To exclude rightly is usually part of the extreme right parties narrative. Weren't you a multistakeholder equal footing blabla model advocate?

"..extremely fringe opinions..."
Happy to know that you are able to make measurements! Give us the meter. Looking around you, with different binoculars, you would see that some ideas, if not many of the ideas promoted by the "extremely fringe opinions" are gaining, rightly, a lot of attention. From France to Germany, from India to Brazil... Maybe it is time for the pro-US clique to understand that the world on IG has changed and the self ruling self-proclaimed clerics and courtisans have lost their golden age.

I still think Milton should suggest someone else, in a democratic multistakeholder approach. Nothing impossible there. Unless he feels he can wrap up the different major ideas expressed in that IGF