[governance] Closing ceremony - CS speaker - URGENT

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:38:50 EDT 2014

Hi Anja,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Anja Kovacs <anja at internetdemocracy.in>
wrote:

> Perhaps it is wortwhile for IGC to consider nominating Burcu as well, and
> maybe even only her (there were no other nominations on the BB list
> either),

In fact, there are other nominations received and being considered by the
CS coordination committee (hoping that's the correct name, which I'm still
not used to despite being the IGC liaison in that committee.) But it's also
true that Burcu Kilic has a lot of support.

Now, what I'm confused about is this: Are we still within the time for
submitting name from IGC? I have to check back the timeline given by De in
an earlier message. Because the above committee is currently running a
process to short list the nominees, which would be at odds with the IGC
timeline for input in that process assuming nomination is still open here.
Thanks,

Mawaki