[governance] Re: [bestbits] FW: US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Apr 15 10:09:50 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 15 April 2014 07:07 PM, Mawaki Chango wrote:

> SNIP

> . So democracy as a concept cannot be frozen into the practice of
> voting as we know it today (one person, one vote) in the sole context
> of nation-sates.

It may not be frozen into the practice of voting-- there is a huge
amount of literature and practice of participatory democracy that says
exactly that.. But, can we freeze in not having a vote for corporates -
in fact multiple and exclusive votes, where ordinary people do not have
votes... That is MS decision making...

Why do we need to go beyond participatory democracy as the means of
fulfilling the ideal of democracy and rather jump to MSism which is
simply not democratic in a thousand way.....

parminder