[governance] Re: Re [bestbits] [africs-ig] Civil Society speaker: IGF Opening ceremony - Nnenna

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Oct 22 00:24:12 EDT 2013

As I sit in the 'role of govs' main session, I see no reason really why
three people in 'positions' here - panel or as moderators - from civil
society - one speaker and two moderators, should all be from developed
countries....

I did put that question at the MAG open consultations in Paris earlier
this year - about domination of speakers from developed countries, but
nothing much seems to change...

In front of me on the panel, apart from the MAG Chair, three people from
developed countries, one Indian who is AT & T employee, which I take to
be his primary 'interest representation' , and just one person from
developing countries, and two moderators from developed countries..

Figure, all people from developing countries has still to do a lot of
capacity building... I understand a lot of 'IG' money is being poured by
developed countries into developing countires, ans so thanks very much...

Maybe around 2050, we would have sufficient capacity (and dominant
ideology) build up to be given some kind of consideration of equity in
global spaces...

Meanwhile, to all UN baiters, this would never happen in a UN meeting...
/*
* //I will keep raising these question, which some take to be
embarrassing, because I take it to be my political duty/ /to do so/...
and so personal apologies to all involved.

parminder