[governance] [bestbits] civil society role in Brazil meeting

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:10:24 EST 2013

Tim,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Mawaki, all below very well said!
>
> May I just add that from a Big Picture perspective this is a enormous
> opportunity to advance the agenda that many in CS have been pushing
> for a decade.  We now have a T&A backed dance partner.  It would be a
> shame not to take advantage of it!

That may well be so, I begin to suspect. Tech folks know better; they just
aren't troublemakers. They might have needed an opportunity like this to
cause alignment with the troublemakers ;) and provide some political backup
for (bold?) change. I am willing to give a chance to that hypothesis. Time
will tell... In the meantime the worst we can/should do is to follow the
Reaganian mantra: Trust but verify... in that order, I might add.
Cheers,

mc.