[governance] Geneva

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu May 9 10:38:29 EDT 2013

Thanks Avri, some comments below:

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will be in Geneva 13 May - 1 Jun for
> WTFP, WSIS+10, IGF and CSTD WGEC
>
> Since my office is wherever my laptop and I are, I decided that it was less expensive (dollars and carbon) for me to stay in the Geneva area as opposed to going home for 4 days only to return for another 2 days for WGEC.
>
> If there meetings, or whatever that are worth engaging in during the interim week, I will be around.
>
>> in February, MAG renewal, etc?

> I am curious did anyone who applied from Civil Society for IEG get refused?  I have not heard of any but want to make sure.  As of now, I beleive the IEG program was an open opportunity - though the ability to speak etc  as an IEG is limited.  As others have said, though our contribution was published, IEG contributions can only be put forward for discussion by a delegation.

I thought the IEG began as an invited group with limited slots for
stakeholders and then somehow, and somewhat unclearly opened up.  Good
that it opened up, but not helpful not transparent.

Do you know if the IEG contributions have been included (or will be
included) in the document packs member state delegates receive?
Contributions from non sector members in WCIT were not distributed
(there were on the web, but there was no encouragement for delegations
to use the contributions.)

I'll perhaps see you for one day in Geneva, there for the evening of May 18.

Adam