[governance] Geneva

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu May 9 11:13:05 EDT 2013

On 9 May 2013, at 10:38, Adam Peake wrote:

> Do you know if the IEG contributions have been included (or will be
> included) in the document packs member state delegates receive?
> Contributions from non sector members in WCIT were not distributed
> (there were on the web, but there was no encouragement for delegations
> to use the contributions.)

Don't know.

They are in a different section of the ITU doc site: Information instead of Official (where member, like governments, ISOC, RIPE, contributions go.)  I epxect it will work like WCIT.  If the IEGs want their documents read they have to peddle them to the delegations themselves.

> I thought the IEG began as an invited group with limited slots for
> stakeholders and then somehow, and somewhat unclearly opened up.

> Good that it opened up, but not helpful not transparent.

No not optimal, only baby steps in the right direction.

Fortunately some noise was made about it when it opened up so some were able to apply.  working with the ITU and a lot of these other organizations requires keeping careful watch for the opportunities to participate and then self-re-announcing it to civil society as best we can.  I am sure I saw this opportunity writen of on the several CS lists including this one,  several times.

> I'll perhaps see you for one day in Geneva, there for the evening of May 18.

will look forward to it.

avri