[governance] Geneva

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu May 9 10:24:26 EDT 2013

Hi,

I will be in Geneva 13 May - 1 Jun for
WTFP, WSIS+10, IGF and CSTD WGEC

Since my office is wherever my laptop and I are, I decided that it was less expensive (dollars and carbon) for me to stay in the Geneva area as opposed to going home for 4 days only to return for another 2 days for WGEC.

If there meetings, or whatever that are worth engaging in during the interim week, I will be around.

> in February, MAG renewal, etc?
>>>
>>> You're aware though, I presume, that the reason why there is only one civil
>>> society submission is because the ITU is not receiving civil society
>>> submissions?  The only reason why the Brown/Doria/Nwakanma/Shears statement
>>> is up there is because they are members of the Informal Experts Group (IEG).
>>> I've written a statement for Consumers International (which is at
>>> http://a2knetwork.org/sites/default/files/wtpf_position_statement.pdf), but
>>> the ITU has refused to receive it.

I am curious did anyone who applied from Civil Society for IEG get refused?  I have not heard of any but want to make sure.  As of now, I beleive the IEG program was an open opportunity - though the ability to speak etc  as an IEG is limited.  As others have said, though our contribution was published, IEG contributions can only be put forward for discussion by a delegation.

Although I was on the IEG, I will be participating as a hybrid civil society type within the US delegation at the WTPF.

avri

PS. count me in for any group trips to wine festivals on the weekends.