[governance] How to address political economy issues? (was Re: Internet as a commons/public good)

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sun May 5 14:03:49 EDT 2013

Parminder

I think here I would ask you to trust your intuition. There are serious
limits to dialogue on this IGC platform, much improved recently despite
denunciations of its caustic nature, even though it has improved much
recently.

As McTim kindly pointed out about the dominance of 'single rooters'
confirms minority status of certain groups. You pointed out the
difficulty of discussing net neutrality in this forum, etc. From this
one can glean these limits and /complementary/ fora are needed to deepen
analysis. IGC relevance in this context may confirm your irrelevance.

Would be glad to discuss this offlist further with you and others of
like minded persuasion. This is not detract from recent changes. But
strategic engagement may be more fruitful.

Riaz