[governance] Tallin Manual - a Cyber Warfare convention?

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Mar 24 16:38:25 EDT 2013

I agree with Lee – I think there might be a lot we can do.

I think there is a strong argument for a declaration of an Internet war free zone of sorts – I think of Swiss neutrality, non-proliferation treaties, nuclear weapon free zones, etc. I think a compelling argument can be made that cyberwarfare with its inability to localise damage can be seen to be something we should not contemplate. We may not be able to stop it, but we may be able to have it declared illegal or immoral. That would be a good first step.

Ian Peter