[governance] CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Mar 18 09:27:51 EDT 2013

Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> I think as coordinator it's best if you take a step back from
> discussions.  You will find it easier to help the caucus reach
> consensus if you are not personally involved.  At least I think most
> of us who have been coordinators attempted that.

I agree that helping the Caucus (or any group for that matter) reach
consensus is not possible while at the same time vigorously arguing
a viewpoint that has turned out to be controversial.

It is good that the Caucus has two coordinators. So it should be
possible for either of the coordinators to recuse him- or herself
from exercising the coordinator role with regard to any particular
topic on which he or she has (what turns out to be) controversial
views, and feels strongly about them.

Sala, would be possible for you to handle the consensus process(es)
regarding the issue about representation of communities of non-technical
academics in the CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation?

This would in particular include the consensus process for the proposed
letter to the Chair of the CSTD.

Greetings,
Norbert