[governance] China's next-generation internet is a world-beater - tech - 10 March 2013 - New Scientist

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 20:42:27 EDT 2013

Okay, let me make sure that I understand you folks.

You are saying that you would prefer to have a bilateral agreement
negotiated behind closed doors between the plutocrats err. the responsible
senior officials in the US and the high level bureaucrats in China
determining who knows what aspects of the operation of the Internet (perhaps
you can explain to me/us how it will be possible to separate out
"bi-lateral" connections on the Internet from the interconnections of the
"global" Internet) rather than a multilateral agreement negotiated more or
less in public among all countries where, given the current move towards
"multi-stakeholderism" civil society, the technical community etc.etc.
(amongst others) would have input.

Strange world you guys live in.