[governance] Re: Racismo étnico

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sat Jun 15 10:06:43 EDT 2013

Greetings all...

I have not been able to follow the entire thread, but I really do agree
with Daniel. I also don't believe that north/south perspectives need
divide civil society; in fact I believe deeply that we need to be in
solidarity with one another and respect one another's struggles.

But there are differences... and for me they are quite profound
differences. Daniel Piementa describes it really well when he says:
" There is a South sensitivity and this is not a question of dividing
the community but rather acknowledging the existence of a different
perspective driven by
quite different contexts."

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692