[governance] IGF Cancelled

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Fri Jul 26 01:11:23 EDT 2013

There is a standard fee that is part of convening any UN meeting to cover the costs of UN staff organising it, as well as those things.

Cutting the UN connection is, to my way of thinking, an incredibly bad idea on pretty much every level - without the IGF the UN has no standing meeting to discuss Internet governance per se.  This would create a vacuum and that vacuum would be filled - and if any of you think it would be filled with a more or even equally multi-stakeholder forum, there's a proverbial bridge in Brooklyn you may wish to buy; contact me offlist to make arrangements to take possession and transfer funds ;)