[governance] today's Wash Post editorial

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jan 25 11:32:57 EST 2013

Rony

As a self respecting American, would you for instance accept an
arrangement that any law passed by representative bodies of the US will
have to be signed by the UK monarch to take force .... By the way, that
reminds me, wasnt republicanism in the US all about that! Have you
forgotten your own history, and the cherished values of the founders of
your indisputably great nation...

Similarly for the Internet users of the world; they dont want the
monarch of the US to sign governance decisions that effect everyone
equally, throughout the world. And the burden of proof to show 'concrete
examples' of how such a system affects them adversely, in practice, is
not upon the people of the world. The basic value of democracy and
equality is enough reason.

It is such a pity that on a */*global civil society forum* */these basic
issues of democracy and rights need to be revisted. It is in fact awful.

parminder