[governance] Bloomberg - The Overzealous Prosecution of Aaron Swartz

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Jan 20 05:39:07 EST 2013

So, exceptionalism is a thinly disguised phrase for the grossest type of national chauvinism. Thanks for spraining it in such excruciating detail,

And here, we see that anybody at all who supports the existing multistakeholder bodies and their historic origins is branded an exceptionalist.

I am afraid that the days are long past when naming a person or group as an "evil running dog of caplitalism", or similar pleasantries, was thought to be an effective and accepted form of argument.

If you simply try to fit an obscure catchphrase to describe and dismiss a complex system of people and institutions that are actually multistakeholder in nature, you demonstrate an unwillingness to actually engage in rationed argument, and a contempt for the other side's ideas.

You can't complain of a lack of civil discourse by others while throwing around cant phrases thst show a casual disrespect for what they advocate.  If you say this is a "political" discussion and these are appropriate words to use in such a discussion, my reply would be to ask why you keep trying to engage in politics rather than trying to engage constructively with others on the caucus.

--srs (iPad)