[governance] Bloomberg - The Overzealous Prosecution of Aaron Swartz

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Sun Jan 20 03:43:40 EST 2013

On 01/20/2013 01:16 AM, John Curran wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2013, at 6:18 AM, Riaz K Tayob <riaz.tayob at gmail.com
> <mailto:riaz.tayob at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> [The Panglossian world of US Exceptionalism.... of course these
>> matters are discussed and debated, but dare to do anything about it
>> and then those will be put in their place, or no?]
>>
>> The Overzealous Prosecution of Aaron Swartz
>> By Stephen L. Carter
>> <http://www.bloomberg.com/view/bios/stephen-carter/> Jan 18, 2013
>> 1:30 AM GMT+0200
>
> Riaz -
> A very good question; I personally don't subscribe to a view of US
> Exceptionalism
> (that's likely because I've travelled a bit and can more readily make
> comparisons),

John,

Do you mean you do not think US is exceptional / it is wrong to believe
that the US is exceptional
or
Do you mean that there is no belief prevalent about US exceptionalism

Can you elaborate on this remark

thanks,
Guru

<snip>