[governance] RE: On the seriousness of threats (was Re: abuse...)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Apr 27 12:22:32 EDT 2013

[Milton L Mueller]
If there were real efforts to persuade and build consensus, you would be right. That is the way to do it. That is not what is happening here.

As I said in my last message, I have raised numerous well-founded objections to definitions of the internet as a commons or public good. I simply pointed out that this issue has been discussed for nearly a decade, and that there were more nuanced ways of looking at it. No need to repeat myself for the third time here.

The point is, my observations were not followed by ANY attempt to modify the statement in a way that would resolve our differences.

If you are interested in persuasion, start trying to persuade.