[governance] What else is discrimination?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Apr 11 13:16:08 EDT 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 10:50 PM, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> wrote:
> I find I limit my contributions to this list because I fear my opinions will be ridiculed and I will not be able to resist stooping to the same level of argument to defend them.

I also limit my contribution, although not from concern about my opinions being ridiculed, rather that I find repeated attempts to try to correct the same misrepresentations as tedious to write as I imagine they are to read. After a while, I figure anyone who actually cares to understand does and the others will continue to misrepresent regardless of what I might say.

> Many times I have considered unsubscribing as I watch yet another thread deteriorate into dogma against dogma rather than considered debate trying to reach consensus or even just agreeing to disagree as there is no consensus. I feel sorry for the moderators who have to try to police something that really shouldn't need policing. I have moderated many lists, newsgroups, and forums since the early days of FIDO and BBSs. This list has some of the worst cases of skirting the rules while ridiculing other participants I have ever seen.

+1

Back to lurking.

Regards,
-drc