[governance] Re: What else is discrimination?

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Thu Apr 11 10:50:41 EDT 2013

> Indeed on this list it its you who rules and the rest of us who run scared.
> People of my ilk are the voice in the wilderness on this list these days.
>
> I am certainly always nervous about engaging when you are involved.
> I do it because I fear fear more than I fear your wrath,
> but have no doubt,
> I am afraid of your wrath
> and the way you wield language.

Avri, you are not a voice in the wilderness. You are a much respected (at least by me) voice on this list.

I find I limit my contributions to this list because I fear my opinions will be ridiculed and I will not be able to resist stooping to the same level of argument to defend them. Many times I have considered unsubscribing as I watch yet another thread deteriorate into dogma against dogma rather than considered debate trying to reach consensus or even just agreeing to disagree as there is no consensus. I feel sorry for the moderators who have to try to police something that really shouldn't need policing. I have moderated many lists, newsgroups, and forums since the early days of FIDO and BBSs. This list has some of the worst cases of skirting the rules while ridiculing other participants I have ever seen.

Kerry Brown