[governance] 3322.org seized by Microsoft from Chinese DNS service provider

Chaitanya Dhareshwar chaitanyabd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:30:29 EDT 2012

Further if there was a pre-loaded malware chances are windows
firewall/defender would have been patched to prevent detection of the same
- or maybe even removed altogether.

Very likely the OS installed on those 'pre-loaded PCs' would have been
pirated - if it was, MS would technically have no obligation to support
them in any manner.

Yes the move to grab the domain was hugely unprecedented, unexpected, and a
very bold move even for MS. Why would they waste their time with
un-licensed PCs that were pre-compromised? I think there's a larger
threat here that's not being made public knowledge. Not a conspiracy - just
that details are too sketchy and the move too bold for this to be very
minor.

-C