[governance] Bangladesh Govt blocks YouTube

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Tue Sep 18 08:45:57 EDT 2012

On Sep 18 15:11, Kabani (kabani.asif at gmail.com) wrote:

> It is reported now that several people are killed, loss of public
> and private, and Strike and street protest have started in many
> countries, due to this video upload, These type of Videos if not
> stop now will lead to extremism and then Wars in the history of
> Mankind.

If the video distribution is stopped because of threats of violence,
it will encourage more violence whenever someone wants to prevent some
expression from being distributed or some opinion from being said.

It would send the message that violence is an effective way to
silence views you don't agree with.

Is that the message we want to send?

> Please we the IGC community of multi culture and multistakeholder  must
> take note of this event of publication of video, and try to keep the
> internet open and free to everyone.

Everyone except those whose views offend <insert your favourite group here>?

--
Tapani Tarvainen