[governance] Bangladesh Govt blocks YouTube

Kabani kabani.asif at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 06:11:16 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Firstly, thank to my friends, Faisal, Imran and other from different part
of the world to hight this important issues of Internet Governance. Since
most of us are already  busy with Civil Society and Govt to find a way out
of this mess in our countries, created by the Video on Youtube.

Submitted here is requested that we theIGC form a Committee that will
develop a draft statement and will share with the community and will make
it final and disseminate will all the stakeholders, Corp, and Govt,
including youtube, FB, UN, Etc.

This is a turning point in the History of Man kind that a mass media
(internet) is used to create a situation that is creating conflicts among
regions, culture, nations. It is reported now that several people are
killed, loss of public and private, and Strike and street protest have
started in many countries, due to this video upload, These type of Videos
if not stop now will lead to extremism and then Wars in the history of
Mankind. Facts are available in history in Past.

Please we the IGC community of multi culture and multistakeholder  must
take note of this event of publication of video, and try to keep the
internet open and free to everyone. A strong statement of IGC is must.

Sincerely

Asif Kabani

On 18 September 2012 01:19, Faisal Hasan <hasansf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Bangladesh govt. blocks youTube from today in order to avoid impending
> violence.  This is a serious concern for us who advocate that "content
> filtering is not a solution rather it should be removed at the source." We
> understand that this is an issue of "freedom of expression"  and due to the
> corresponding legislation Google is not being able to remove it.
>
> On behalf of the Internet Society Bangladesh Dhaka Chapter may I request
> chapter delegates and people concerned with Internet governance issues to
> think about ways how we can address this sort of issues in future. There
> should be a global consensus about the content that fuels deadly violence
> shouldn't be hosted by anybody, content that has been flagged by thousands
> of people should be removed, content about which one third of the worlds
> population has unequivocal objection can definitely set aside from other
> contents.
>
> I guess most of you will agree that this is a very sensitive issue and
> Muslims around the world are deeply shocked by the violence thats being
> erupting all over the world killing innocent lives as well as by the fact
> that the content still stays at the source.
>
> Kind Regards
> Faisal Hasan, PhD
> Chapter President
> Internet Society Bangladesh Dhaka Chapter

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*Follow me @*
<https://www.facebook.com/kabani.asif>
<https://twitter.com/Kabaniasif><http://www.linkedin.com/in/kabani><http://www.youtube.com/user/asifkabani>

* **Before you print think about the** **ENVIRONMENT*