[governance] Re: In Multistakeholderism, those who would be Lobbyists become Legislators, & nobody else has a vote

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Oct 23 22:37:15 EDT 2012

Most multistakeholder groups operate on a rough consensus model and are open to participation in a much wider set of mechanisms than a traditional democratic  political process.

So, while my traveling days look to be over thanks to a ban on conference travel at my workplace (which I don't speak for or represent here anyway), I still get to call a spade a spade on a mailing list, and so, try to influence consensus here to the best of my rather limited capacity

Given that perspective I would still disagree to some extent with your points here, but this is something that I prefer be discussed to death (that is, any further than this rather huge thread has done so far) over a round of beers rather than on a mailing list ..

cheers

--srs (htc one x)