[governance] [Dewayne-Net] Shutting Down The Phone System Gets Real: The Regulatory Implications of AT&T Upgrading To An All IP Network

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Nov 15 18:43:27 EST 2012

I am sorry but do you mean technical standards, which these and other companies routinely set and define (of course in a consensus driven environment at the ietf), or policy standards, where while they .. like any large company with a global presence, do lobby governments worldwide?   Of course when lobbying at the national level, they would have to compete for influence with other entities that may well be purely local players.

--srs (htc one x)