[governance] IGF2012, Remote Connection

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Nov 7 22:29:20 EST 2012

I suppose rp has probably been flooded with enquiries.
Since the beginning of the week, I saw Bernard run around trying to fix
things.
The remote participation computers running Webex are all wired in and
appear to work well but the network sometimes goes through some periods
of being very slow. This is when the WIFI works and guess what, the WIFI
does not work well at all. In fact, I have spent complete afternoons
without WIFI. (not enough IPv4 addresses to allocate -- and no IPv6
connectivity at all in case you ask)

Whilst so far, I have been super impressed with the host country, this
is, in my opinion, the poorest Internet connectivity we've had at the
venue in recent IGFs. <sigh>

Kind regards,

Olivier

--