[governance] IGF2012, Remote Connection

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Nov 6 15:04:04 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM, shaila mistry <shailam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I too have tried several times to participate. Each time I am sent a
> different route of downloads and logins , finally leading to a dead end.
> Please advise what can be done ?
> Shaila Rao Mistry

Have you tried contacting

"Remote Participation general help" <rp at intgovforum.org>

?

Do they respond?

If yes, what are they saying?

If no, let us know, so that we can push locally for those help email
addresses to be handled in a meaningful way.

In the long run, what we need is funding to put a competent person in
charge of ensuring in an ongoing manner (year after year) that IGF
remote participation is made available in a way that can be expected
to work (which presupposes learning from what went wrong in earlier
years, and it presupposes serious testing well before the first day of
the IGF). It is simply unacceptable for an entirely new technical team
to put in charge of remote participation every year, and the remote
participation infrastructure again and again being so absurdly
unreliable.)

Greetings,
Norbert