[governance] Fwd: IGF 2012 - Bilateral meeting

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Nov 2 11:02:53 EDT 2012

Hi,
So far some 12 people on this list indicated that they want to join
this meeting.

Given limited resources myself can spend for the remaining hour before taking
flight to Baku, only 13 hours from now including my sleep tonight, I
am not going
to try to find any large room for this meeting. If someone on this list takes
the responsibility, negotiate with either the local host or IGF
secretariat, that will
be great.

Otherwise, I still suggest that we will be around six people. I feel at least
one of co-cos should be there even this is an informal meeting. The leaves
five. I like to consult with my colleague Sala to make the final selection,
as coordinators duty. Sorry guys, but sometimes we need to make a
practical choice in an imperfect manner.

I also understand that the organizer is European Commission and the European
Parliament, not us, we are just invited as guests, and they do have other
channels for civil societies, NGOs, etc, outside IGC, which is, for me perfectly
fine.

The meeting is scheduled on Nov 8, but they do not plan to announce this
publicly. I am aware the even putting this on to his list has certain
announcement
effect, but, in the interest of openness, at least within IGC, I put it here.

Similar meeting happened in Kenya last year with US government. We so far
have received no invitation from USG or any other parties, but as far as I am
concerned, being the servant of the IGC, I am happy to liaise, or coordinate.

I love the diversity, different ideas and positions, and am still
happy to coordinate.
But I also ask you guys to sometimes share the responsibility and burdens
collectively, or at least understand these sometimes delicate and
difficult limitations
we all have.

best, and see you there for those coming, and see you there online participant
though they are labeled "remote", let's feel closer together.

izumi

Japan
www.anr.org