IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Thu May 24 03:35:15 EDT 2012

Dear Norbert,

no worries: I was simply trying to gently make fun at a certain tendency,
which is certainly not unique to the Internet Governance civil society
community, to over-use acronyms. I try hard not to fall into the trap
otherwise.

On the other hand, maybe if we found acronyms that can be expanded to
different meaning depending on the recipient we could more easily find
common ground among different stakeholders. One could argue that the first
part is already done (seeing how "EC" or "Enhanced Cooperation" means very
different things to different people) but for the second part there is
still some work to be done.

Cheers :)

Andrea

Twitter: @andreaglorioso