IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Mon May 28 06:18:54 EDT 2012

On 24/05/2012, at 3:35 PM, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> Dear Norbert,
>
> no worries: I was simply trying to gently make fun at a certain tendency, which is certainly not unique to the Internet Governance civil society community, to over-use acronyms. I try hard not to fall into the trap otherwise.

	I remember my first few days at an ICANN meeting, thinking that surely acronym production was the real purpose of these meetings because the sheer quantity of them was hard to explain otherwise. By the end of the week, I was having conversations where every noun was an acronym myself. It is a tendency that certainly deserves to be made fun of, though unfortunately no one seems to have a better solution.
	Cheers
		David

David Cake
Chair, Electronic Frontiers Australia
'Here comes the future, you can't run from it,
If you've got a blacklist, I want to be on it'
- Billy Bragg, Waiting for the Great Leap Forward