IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

Koven Ronald kovenronald at aol.com
Thu May 24 03:22:02 EDT 2012

I heartily second the motion (IHSM).

Rony Koven

-----Original Message-----
From: Norbert Klein <nhklein at gmx.net>
To: governance <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
Sent: Thu, May 24, 2012 7:12 am
Subject: Re: IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

              Thanks a lot.

= =
Frankly, if you think that my comments on the IETF amounted to denigrating
the organisation (DTO), we have a serious communication problem (SCP). As a
matter of fact, I conceded for the sake of discussion (SOD) that the IETF is
free from capture by large industry players (LIP); and that the
decision-making model (DMM) used by the IETF is producing good results
within the specific remit of the organisation (GRWTSROTO).

I did, however, question in a very socratic sense (VSS), being myself at the
ignorant side of the relationship, whether and how the IETF model could be
applied to public policy making (PPM); as well as which kind of objective
metrics one could use to analyse all of the above (AOTA), rather than
relying on the say-so of anyone.

For the time being, I concluded there is hope, since some civil servants and
some IETF participants do seem to have something in common, namely the
(forced?) passion for acronyms - I am currently writing an NtF for a pre-JF
with the CAB in which the LTT for the SC of next week will be discussed. I
kid you not, these are all real acronyms in an eurocrat daily life and I
welcome you to try and guess what they mean. :)

--
I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it
in mind.

I think I do not speak only for myself - though I have been exposed and involved a lot to acronymia, I still have often problems to follow what is said. Please....

--
      Norbert        Klein

                      Website: http://www.thinking21.org
          eMail: nhklein at gmx.net