[governance] IGC Talking Points for Enhanced Cooperation workshop

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu May 17 09:55:15 EDT 2012

On Thursday 17 May 2012 01:43 PM, Izumi AIZU wrote:
> -----------
> For the process towards Enhanced Cooperation, IGC like to state the following:
>
> 1. we are encouraged to see the constructive dialogue around EC is proceeding
>
> 2. our “bottom-line” is, keep the principles endorsed by the Tunis
> Agenda, especially, to hold to the principles of:
> - democratic global governance
> - multi-stakeholder participation, the need for IG forums where all
> stakeholders are equally, and effectively represented

I have often tried to initiate a discussion on this list about what is
meant by equal participation of all stakeholders in actual decision
making process/ level but discussion never got too far... we first need
to know what we are talking about here before asking for it.....
Wolfgang and Bertrand, and i think at some time, Marilia, made the
distinction on this list about the decision inputting and shaping and
decision making levels/ stages........  so where all do we want equal
participation. Does it mean that a google or Microsoft rep will sign a
privacy or data flow/ protection treaty is one is to be made, and thus
will have a veto on it... I am not sure what equally represented means
here, so if you can clarify maybe we can find a good text to go with...
parminder