[governance] IGC Talking Points for Enhanced Cooperation workshop

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Thu May 17 08:26:47 EDT 2012

Hi all,

The idea in itself is instructive. But where it is a problem is when we
must contribute to the declaration on enhanced cooperation without an
overall and sectoral assessment of this cooperation should be strengthened.

At my country, for example, it still poses problems in terms of collaboration
between different stakeholders. The concept is not very
well-established and the
implementation of the WSIS process has never been evaluated locally. So we
do not have a dashboard that will allow us to compile a statistical analysis
..

Recently, the CAFEC proposed a program of implementation and monitoring of
WSIS in DR Congo to enable the country to get a reference on the development of
digital technology in the country. This is one case among many others.

Enhanced cooperation has been significant progress in many countries and
even in some african countries.
Whatever the will of the actors, it still poses many barriers in the
collaboration and work in synergy between government, private sector, civil
society and some sub-regional organizations.

International organizations are often willing to support local initiatives
but a lack of shared vision in the country, the results are always mixed.

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN

Téléphone mobile:+243998983491
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe