[governance] Visit to spain SCAM

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:15:54 EDT 2012

   - Once I had friends over for dinner and I received an email purporting
   to be from one of my friends from her legitimate email account stating that
   she was stuck in the United Kingdom and needed me to wire money over. What
   was amusing was that I showed her the email I received and she was
   shocked/angry/embarrassed;
   - I then forwarded the email to our Cyber Crimes Unit in Fiji and also
   googled the closest Police Station next to where she was supposed to have
   wired the money and reported it to their cyber crimes unit. They could not
   attend to it because it was a common occurrence or perhaps because they
   felt like it was not their problem or that I was not a UK national;

Countries have regional and international cooperation through the various
Treaties in relation to law enforcement....but often the average internet
user whose privacy has been invaded has no recourse because he/she is
dealing with an "invisible enemy".

Kind Regards,