[governance] ICANN staff member and Stratfor

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Tue Mar 6 03:34:15 EST 2012

Tina,

Unless you know Veni better than me and a number of other people, it is you who need to prove your point.
Or just look again.
I was also told a number of times, that despite all the evidence, it was ICANN internal policy to never ever discuss or question another staffer business. This by itself is bad enough, even if we forget about this disclosure of Veni's activities.

I have enough evidence to back all of this and then some, but like I said before, this is dirty mess and such has never been my way. Therefore I will (hard) to limit my comments to be as generic as possible. Some people see in this lack of 'proofs' - including you trough the years, but that is fine with me. :-)

Veni is far from Internet oligarch in Bulgaria. I have made it a point in my professional carrier that such do not exist.
Further, for many people in Bulgaria, Veni is in fact just one of those emigrants who went around the world in search of personal fulfillment, so they just pity him. Some of these people are well aware of Veni's "connections" to what some might even characterize as "OC" and the comment that this is not unexpected as "he is Bulgarian" only misses the piece "and because of his background".

Not that I had any doubt, but I still spent time to read all of the disclosed material. At first glance, all those Stratfor messages look like foolish child's play, but when you connect the dots it turns out to be encryption code. I am more than confident, that what we saw is just the tip of the iceberg and that more of the stuff happened off-line and thus not recorded in this public chat (who in their sane mind sends sensitive, not to say spy-network information from their blackberry?)

As a coincidence, I too have evidence that Veni is not connected to FSB, or at least was not connected at the time that e-mails were exchanged. ;-)

Daniel

PS: By the way, after reading the first few comments on this topic, I was confident that Tina will come back to defend Veni.. Deja Vu..