[governance] ECTF (was Re: Chinese preparing for...)

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Jun 21 05:45:39 EDT 2012

Hi Andrea

On Jun 20, 2012, at 6:40 AM, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2012 8:45 AM, "Norbert Bollow" <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hmm... maybe the best available course of action will be to start
> > with the ID based process, using it to
> > a) create an input document for a WGIG like multistakeholder working
> > group with strong governmental participation, and at the same time
> > b) build credibility for the proposal to initiate such a WGIG like
> > multistakeholder group.
> >
> > Does this sound reasonable?
>
> Yes.

I seem to recall that at the CSTD meeting, a number of European governments spoke against launching an enhanced cooperation working group.  So I'm just wondering, does the Commission have a different position on the matter, and are you encouraging civil society to spend time on this non-starter in an official capacity?  Or is it just that you personally think it'd be a good thing?

Thanks

Bill