Fwd: [governance] IGF initiatives organizational principles - now on IGF Website

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Jul 25 03:04:56 EDT 2012

In message
<CA+YNoKhqZJ5_wo_3ykaQM4OfHO81StijZjiz-jOG=23ZHVishg at mail.gmail.com>, at
19:23:36 on Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> writes
>As a starting point you are invited to comment on the following
>proposed criteria to be met by the national and regional IGF
>initiatives:

Please forward these as appropriate:

>a. Provision of a contact person details with a working email address
>
>b. Provision of working web page/web site with information including
>who is involved, description of how to participate, etc.
>
>c. Publication of an agenda for any public event

Some sort of notice period would be useful, eg "At least two weeks
before the event". Although I accept that last minutes alterations are
always going to happen.

Does this agenda just include the session titles, or should there also
be some indication of the speakers (as with IGF workshops)

>d. Publication of a report within 3 months after any formal event
>
>e. Maintaining an open, inclusive, multi- stakeholder approach

It would be helpful if the scope of the multi-stakeholderism was defined
more clearly. Does it include membership of the organising committee [in
which case names and affiliations should be published under (b) above];
or is it just for panellists and attendees?

--
Roland Perry