Fwd: [governance] IGF initiatives organizational principles - now on IGF Website

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Jul 24 06:23:36 EDT 2012

I thought I have also sent to the governance list, but it was not
sent, hence forwarding.

I also plan to ask MAG to consider this issue for coming regional and
national IGFs.

The argument between Parminder and APrIGF organizers is, in my view,
not caused by us, per se, but rather, due to absence of pre-defined
standard. So I think we better bring this forward, not backward.

I like to say, that there were active civil society participation to
APrIGF this year, and also youth.
Of course, that does not mean there is no room to improve.

I also asked the APrIGF secretariat to make more information available
about the organizers etc. After recovering the workload, I hope they
will follow up.

izumi