[governance] IGF initiatives organizational principles - now on IGF Website

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jul 24 04:13:34 EDT 2012

Izumi,

when you say ' draft out of a short meeting taken place during the IGF
Open Consultation in May' , do you mean a meeting of the MAG?
What is listed is too simple and straight forward a set of guidelines,
more to enable some administrative procedure of listing initiatives on
the IGF website rather what would/ should be people's expectations for
something that can be called a national or regional IGF, as we all have
from the global IGF.

And, also the point is, do you agree these as sufficient conditions and
characteristics for a national/ regional IGF? That is the point. Why do
we have such comprehensive expectations from the global IGF and nothing
from what can be called as national/ regional IGF. parminder