RES: [governance] Religiously objectionable material on the internet

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Jan 14 09:04:50 EST 2012

Vanda UOL <vanda at uol.com.br> wrote:

> Nothing is more offensive to any human "rights" than extreme
> poverty, and everybody walks through people in the streets, begging,
> hungry, in several parts of the world and I don't see people
> complain for their rights!

When traveling in such a place I have witnessed the police addressing
this issue by chasing these extremely poor people away, without any
respect whatsoever for their dignity as humans.

It seems to me that somehow there is a lesson in this about the need
to make sure that relatively minor inconveniences must not be
addressed in ways that are worse than the original problem.

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org