[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 07:39:57 EST 2012

So can we speak to 'vulnerable people' generally and provide sub-headings
to identify them?
The trouble is that 'vulnerable' is such a huge word. Each of us is
vulnerable at some time for some reason.

On 25 February 2012 03:30, Yuliya Morenets
<y.morenets at againstcybercrime.eu>wrote:

> Dear Sala, Dear all,
>
> We strongly believe that the issues of the participation of vulnerable
> people in the Information Society and their voice should be raised and
> we propose to include this under "Access and Diversity".
>

> Kind regards, Yuliya
> TaC-Together against Cybercrime
>
> Le 23/2/2012, "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro"
> <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> a écrit:
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >Let me know if you would like to add additional thoughts etc. Volunteers
> >are still needed to consolidate the themes etc to make it more coherent
> and
> >will soon put it back to the list through the Statement Workspace for the
> >rough consensus call before it is put to the MAG.
> >
> >Kind Regards,
> >Sala
> >
> >On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
> >salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> ensuring
> children's
> >>>

> >> Excellent point Tim. I like this approach.
> >>
> >>  Perhaps if I could invite volunteers to work on consolidating the
> >> comments and themes that have surfaced so we can get some level of
> >> consensus. This is so we can prepare to send our thoughts. We will then
> put
> >> it to the list for a consensus call.
> >>
> >> I think a language of Children's Rights is useful here, and the ideas
> Rights
> thread.
> Children's

> really
> and
> this

> and

> Wales
> >>>

> >> --
> >> Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
> >>
> >> Tweeter: @SalanietaT
> >> Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro
> >> Cell: +679 998 2851
> >>

> >--
> >Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
> >
> >Tweeter: @SalanietaT
> >Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro
> >Cell: +679 998 2851

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979