[governance] Pakistan: National URL Filtering & Blocking System.

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Thu Feb 23 08:46:31 EST 2012

Thanks for this Shahzad. Very relevant for next week's panel. The
transparency of putting out a public call for bids for filtering and
blocking systems is quite remarkable :)

It shows confidence, it sends a strong public message, and it will also
encourage competition and innovation in the internet industry to come up
with 'smarter' ways of filtering.  All very disturbing.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692