[governance] Pakistan: National URL Filtering & Blocking System.

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Wed Feb 22 23:14:07 EST 2012

Folks,

Forwarding for your kind information, the little news and the grand plans of
Government of Pakistan to build Great Firewall.

We believe that it coincides well with the UN's Experts Panel on 29th
February and the panelists may like to raise this?

RFP is attached and here is the link:

http://ictrdf.org.pk/RFP-%20URL%20Filtering%20
<http://ictrdf.org.pk/RFP-%20URL%20Filtering%20&%20Blocking.pdf>
&%20Blocking.pdf

An excerpt from the RFP:

"Each box should be able to handle a block list of up to 50 million URLs
(concurrent unidirectional filtering capacity) with processing delay of not
more than 1 milliseconds."

Bytes for All, Pakistan have been expecting that there will be major
crackdown on the Internet towards elections. and this probably is the start
of things to come in the near future. We are going to issue a public
statement on this and will share the updates.

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad Ahmad

www.bytesforall.pk