AW: [governance] A false consensus is broken

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Dec 22 05:17:36 EST 2012

Wolfgang,

We can carry on this discussion,  but please do give me some legitimate
quarters...

I say that Eli's assertion is completely wrong on this part of the quote
"/*...*//*need to consult with its capital (code in UN-speak for "not
signing")"*/ as is obviously from what I write subsequently

I have no issues with Sweden's stand, and I know they are supporting the
US on this.

/*Specific point, and please do respond*/ - do you, or dont know, agree
that a making a generalised assertion that 'to say we want to consult
the capital /*is code UN-speak for "not-signing"*/ is a false and
misleading statement to make. (It doesnt matter what Sweden meant by
saying this.)

And on basis of the wrong assertion, the writer of the article says that
54 countries are backing the US position... Is it not a wrong or
misleading statement to make...

parminder