AW: [governance] A false consensus is broken

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sat Dec 22 05:07:22 EST 2012

Parminder:
"I knew the vulnerabilities of a poor Southie writing what would get forwarded to the mighty in the IG space... I knew that the wolves are out there..... and so, I actually quoted Eric Pfanner in my article. And it was from his expression that I built the 'walking out' thing..... Hope, a day will come when we from the post-colonial South would not need to do such kinds of things to earn legitimacy for simple facts that otherwise are there for anyone to see..... I must have read 40-50 articles and statements and postings before I wrote what I wrote, because, as I said, I knew the wolves will come pouncing. And they did come in any case, if for nothing else, to interrogate the use of English language by me...."

Wolfgang:
Nobody wants to censor you. You can write what you want, your are protected by Article 19 and it is good to know and to learn about other perspectives. Nobody has the full truth. And if people are critical this does not mean that they are "wolves". One side says so, the other sides say so. We need plurality and diversity. But once again, there is a difference between text which is a journalistic reflection and text which constitutes a legally binding obligation.