AW: [governance] A false consensus is broken

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sat Dec 22 04:58:35 EST 2012

Parminder:
"Then, later on in the article, Eli says, "Sweden said that it would need to consult with its capital (code in UN-speak for "not signing")" We all know that delegations even when they are on the verge on signing something often seek time to 'consult with the capital'. So, Eli assertion is completely wrong."

Wolfgang:
Sweden was one of the most critical member states both within the EU consultations and in the plenary. And it was mainly about 5 A & B. "To consult with capital" in the case of Sweden means we will not sign it. The German government said "to consult with stakeholders".  You can look at the German civil society (www.netzpolitik.org) what they think about ITR.