[governance] Clues for WCIT issues and prospects

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Dec 17 08:14:03 EST 2012

No I am sorry - that is just one of the myths that needs rebutting.  There's no "sherriff of the internet" going on here any more than this is the Wild West.  Any international law enforcement - online - as a matter of course follows a complex system of MLATs (and/or the budapest convention on cybercrime, with other signatory countries).

My rudimentary knowledge of french (vin blanc, svp at the most, or perhaps merci m'sieur) found the actual text very pleasant to read, but for a deeper understanding I did have to machine translate it, to my regret.   It is a persuasive argument though, and doubtless quite well told in french, but it is a line of thinking that doesn't quite match ground realities, at least when it comes to cross border enforcement actions against criminals.

--srs (iPad)